General information

INFO: A word to play is in CAPITALS. Letters already on the board are shown as the S here: WORM(S). Premium Score squares: DL = Double letter: TL = Triple letter: DW = Double Word: TW = Triple Word. The blanks have no score letter on the Top right! A bingo (using all 7 of your letters) gets +35.
Useful word lists are in the first post "ALL MY TIPS. This is the post to read first" and on some other posts. I welcome comments and suggestions.
Had a great play, score or a move you think should have been allowed? Take a screen shot and post it somewhere (Picasa?). Send me the link.

Friday, March 11, 2011

The End game and Counting letters.

Too often I have been within a few points of my opponent. 0 letters left and 4 in my rack. A quick count of the board tells me that there are 94 letters played. So 94 + 4 maens that he has 6 on his rack and another look on the board tells me that only 4 Ss have been played. So he has an S and oh yes where is the Q?

Now I have to be cetrtian that I do not allow him to use one of the two Is that I have been stuck with (QI!).
So if I can use the I safely and perhaps place the last one to empty my rack I might win....

That is just an illustration of how a game can be won or lost and why counting is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment